Thursday, July 7, 2011

Maya's story

Today is a good day, the sun is shining, the cupcake is teething, the Royal Newly weds are some where in the province and some where out in the world, someone is looking for strength to go on.

I try my hardest to always look at the positive, to relish in each moment, good or bad. I try to remain positive for friends when they are going through hard time. I started my at home business, Toot Sweet Cupcakes, so that I could be there to share in people occasions of celebration.

When the little cupcake was 3 months old, I joined a network of moms that has really helped me to be the best mom I can, momstown. During that time, I was looking for a way out of my postpartum depression. I admit, I was afflicted with PPD. While it is difficult for me to say that, I was. This group of moms are diverse in their skills, backgrounds and personalities, but we all have a common goal, be the best mom.

We've all endured different heartaches, troubles and saddness, but one story, Maya's story, helped to shape one of my friends so deeply, that I had to share her story. Krisitin, thank you for sharing Maya's story, and leading by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment