Friday, July 15, 2011

Feeling this...Up All Night

Over the years I have acquired a variety of tastes in music. However, ever changing, one band has remained my love. Blink 182. They have remained a constant love. Instantly their music puts a smile on my face.

I remember the first song I heard from them. It was M+M in 1995, I was in grade 9. A friend of mine made me a mixed tape, remember those? Well on it was M+M, and I instantly fell in love, I needed to hear more from this band, I went out looked for their album, alas couldn't find it. However in 1997, they came out with Dude Ranch, I was in line to buy it.

When they "broke up" in 2005, I was sadden. I had never seen them in concert. I guess I would have to wait for the reunion tour. But in the meantime I always had +44 and Angels And Airwaves. It was only fitting when I married my husband and I would chose Angels and Airwaves, Breathe as our first dance. When my friends turned to me afterwards and said they weren't surprised. The day after our wedding we flew to Vegas to see Angels and Airwaves. What can I say, I love Tom and Blink. I grew up listening to these guys. They helped shape who I am, they taught me to laugh at life and always find the funny in all things. Thanks Blink 182, I never realized the impact you had on me. And just a note, my daughter, who is one, enjoys Blink 182 as well.

But then, in 2008, Travis Barker nearly survived a plane crash, prompting the band to connect again. For the first time in my life, in 2009, I watched the Grammy's, Blink 182 appeared on stage, I stopped - excited knowing something was going to happen, they announced their tour. I was so excited I immediately grabbed the laptop to find the dates they would be in Edmonton. Later 2009 I would finally see Blink 182. In all its glory. In all its hyped up, Generation Y sarcasm and eccentric antics. I loved every minute of it. It was and has been one of my favorite concerts. Later that year, I would again see Angels and Airwaves, this time pregnant with the cupcake, who thoroughly enjoyed the concert.

Not, two years later, Blink 182 has announced another album, and another tour. And guess who has tickets...that's right ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so frickin excited. I can't wait. I can't wait to see what antics the boys get up to, I can't wait to see Travis's spinning drum solo, I can't wait for the energy. I can't wait to see Captain Fucking Awesome Pants (Tom).

Until then I leave you with the new release...UP ALL NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment