Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The many hats

Funny thing this working mom status has on me - it is the realization that life is SUPER busy. Between, work, mom, wife, friend, blogger, cake baker, daughter, I am stretched to the max.

I know that I am not alone in this feeling. Billions of moms out there feel the same. So how does one make time for me. How do you go out and read a book, drink a coffee, pee alone. When do you get time to do those things?

I've started reading Mom Inc. and they are all about scheduling time. We all know I live by my daytimer. I love it, it keeps me organized. Since returning to work, work won't buy me a new dayplanner until September. I understand, kind of pointless to purchase a planner for 2 months, just to purchase another one. Makes sense to me. But right now, I am feeling chaotic. I can't plan my life to the minute. I am trying to use the iPhone, scheduler, outlook, everything - nothing is working. I need my paper dayplanner. I'll have to continue to use my at home one.

However, I am happy to note that I have found time to run. I am running at lunch again. It is nice to have that one hour designated to free time for me. I take it as that. I was spending a lot of money going out for lunch when I first returned and I found going for a run, limits spending on going out for food, which we all know is calorie laden, and getting in some much needed exercise. Win-win situation for this mama.

Well better get going, I am sure I am late for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment